-the debate in the psychiatric community re: psychiatrists commenting on the mental health of public figures included presidential candidates, before discussing
- terms that are being mentioned or alluded to in the media, such as personality disorders, specifically narcissistic personality disorder and dementia.
I will discuss
- the difference between Alzheimer's Dementia and Frontotemporal Dementia
- why Frontotemporal Dementia is more difficult to recognize than Alzheimer's and how it may be related to Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- the likely biochemical link between these two conditions
- how these issues are evaluated and treated from a functional medicine standpoint
- how this understanding can impact how we make sense of the behaviors and choices of people with these conditions.